Kenny Rogers Urbanite Run 2009
Kenny Rogers will be hosting its first ever night race on August 15! =D
Now this is not your ordinary running event, for the fact that the event itself will be held on a Saturday night instead of the usual Sunday morning. Isn’t that wonderful? So you get the party afterwards and gorge as you please after you run! Plus, check out these additional perks:
– reflectorized running routes so that you’ll be safe when you run;
– you get to run for charity and help others in the process while making your body fit (all proceeds will go to Hands On Manila foundation);
– a party/concert after the run, where you can avail of discounted Kenny Rogers goodies and mingle with other runners; and
– disposable timing chips and reflectorized race bibs! =D
Above all, this is a Coach Rio-organized event. So you can expect a BIG runner turnout on this one. Knowing how well Coach Rio keeps his races as tight as possible, I don’t foresee anything to go wrong in this event. I’m highly positive it’ll go smooth. =)
How do you register? Official registration starts come July 15, but you can get yourself in the race as early as this week by dropping by any of the following running events:
– 2nd GiG Run (too bad I didn’t see the booth)
– 33rd Milo Marathon
– Robinson’s Fit and Fun Buddy Run 2009
– Globe-Ayala Run For Home
Or simply drop by Nike Park or Runnr located at Bonifacio High Street. If by chance you and your friends are having dinner at any Kenny Roger’s branch, you can also register there! But if you seem too far from it all, go to http://www.kennys.com.ph and enter your details online, then claim your race kit later on at any Kenny Roger’s outlet. Total registration cost is 600 smackeroos, which is inclusive of the race entrance fee, your food, and your donation to Hands On Manila.
Eat, run, and donate. Not only does Kenny Rogers promote healthy living, but also social responsibility/awareness. Now that’s an advocacy.
My next problem? Whether to run 5, 10, or 15K. We’ll let my legs decide on this one. But I will get myself in this race – it’s too good to miss out. =)
Register as early as you can! Only 3,000 slots will be made available to those who wish to participate.